Monday, August 3, 2009

Waking up on the wrong side of Sunshine...

Waking up on the wrong side of sunrise hoping to see you here, and the disappointment sets in, but the hope never subsides, and I continue to find myself chasing the moon away to make this night last longer, and all I can think about is... is there any other place I would rather be?? I mean I look in the back of your eyes and can see where love is, and where us is, and the thought of you makes me smile...and I look up and try to grab the stars and hold them. I reach and grab hold to them with the hope that it will help, anything I can do to make this night last a lil longer and I want to wake you...I want to wake you to tell the secrets I've learned laying here next to you...I mean this world just don't feel safe in the moonlight anymore, and I've I followed the moon to the place it goes at sunrise and I can show you, its the place where love is made and the raindrops taste like ecstacy and it is always tonight there...but here in this world, it just don't feel safe in the moonlight anymore...and what I mean by that is that this night just don't have that forever feeling...and I want to be there, I want be there with you when you open your arms to grab hold of tomorrow and open your eyes to take in the light of the sunrise, letting the sunlight wash the loneliness off of the love I saw in them... I want to hold hands and let go only when I forget what my hand feels like without your palms pressed against mine and there's something about watching you sleep trying to catch the rythym with which your love beats, and I notice while watching you sleep and trying to catch the rythym with which you heart sings...and I know, I can do this forever, and I hear Lauryn singing...the words flow like the first time I ever heard them and then I knew that this feeling is what she was writing about...I hear you're heart, and my sings with it..."you're just to good to be true, can't take my eyes off of you...you're like heaven to touch"...and I know its true. I mean touching you is like standing on the edge of love arms stretched to there limits and grabbing a hand full of what happiness feels like... And I find myself waking up on the wrong side of sunrise hoping to see you, and though I do feel the disappointment of not seeing you, the hope never subsides so I find myself chasing the moon away to make this night last just a little longer... cause if I dream hard enough...and if what's meant to be will be then maybe the reality of what forever is supposed to feel like can begin to give me reasons to stop trying to chase the moon away and you won't wake up to find me trying to hold on to the stars to keep this dream of mine going...I mean the last time you slept close enough for me to hear your heart sing all I could do is...listen. -D.Bloodworth Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment