Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Inspiration & Cool Stuff...David Jon Kassan

Mimicking Real Life

kassan

kassan_04

Highly detailed painting by David Jon Kassan. Even though an artist may have talent, it requires a lot of practice and hard work to be a really good artist.

Excerpt of the Artist’s Statement:

My work is a way of meditation, a way of slowing down time though the careful observation of overlooked slices of my environment. It is the subtlety of emotion in my acquaintances that inhabit the aforementioned environment which intrigues me. My paintings strive for reality, a chance to mimic life in both scale and complexity. The viewer is given an eye level perspective of the subject. A view that is unbiased and in its most raw condition. It is my intent to control the medium of oil paint so that it is not part of the viewer to subject equation. The image stands alone without evidence of the artist.

kassan_02

kassan_03

Thanks Illusion 360

No comments:

Post a Comment